Kitchen Deep Clean at University College London
University College London is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary universities. Founded in 1826 in the heart of London, it became one of the two founding institutions of the University of London. Currently, there are more than 11,000 staff and 39,000 students from 150 different countries enrolled. There are 14 catering outlets at the UCL campuses managed by Sodexo, these include retail, refectories and coffee shops.
A regular deep clean is an essential part of any hygiene schedule for all kitchens to ensure that areas outside the scope of the daily clean are dealt with effectively. Some of the key challenges for the UCL is the variety of different facilities, the difference in their sizes, ages of buildings, infrastructure and logistics of this spaced out campus.
Some deep cleans need to be conducted over an evening, others during the night and yet, for the larger facilities, the deep clean needs to be undertaken over the weekend to enable the smooth continuation of commercial operations. Bright Hygiene conducts complete kitchen deep cleans at the UCL every six months, covering all four critical areas that require regular attention (equipment; walls, floors and ceilings; ancillary items and ventilation, canopies and filters).
Why Bright Kitchen:
We were selected as Sodexo’s preferred supplier, due to the emphasis we place on quality, backed by our strict working practices and Health and Safety procedures.
- Removed food debris that can harbour harmful bacteria and cause food poisoning
- Removed food debris from inaccessible areas reducing the risk of pest infestation
- Removed baked-on grease and carbon from hot equipment, reducing the risk of tainting food
- Clean and free-flowing ventilation extract systems
- Improved air quality for employees
- Staff morale is improved and University’s staff are encouraged to maintain good hygiene standards
“Bright Hygiene gives us complete confidence around Health and Safety and knowing that the teams are fully trained, skilled and experienced in using aggressive and often hazardous cleaning agents. I’ve always found Bright Hygiene to have excellent communication. They even remind us when the deep cleans are due.”
– Andy Norton, UCL Retail Director for UniversitiesNeed a bright solution? Get in touch today!
More client testimonials:
“Great, professional service from Bright Hygiene. The team on site worked really hard and left a sparkling kitchen. Very pleased – it looks like new”
– University of Chichester
“The team did what they were asked to do with minimal fuss. I can’t ask for anything else”
– Hertfordshire Constabulary
“Please pass on my thanks to the team for carrying out a great job. A big thank you.. for sorting out the deep clean for me at short notice”
– Police Rehabilitation Centre
“The quality of the deep clean was very good and I will continue to use the company”
– Jesus College